LIU Xing 刘星
Associate Professor, Master's Supervisor
E-mail: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph.D., Advanced Polymeric Materials Lab, Dept. of Polymer Science and Engineering, Kumoh National Institute of Technology, South Korea, 2009 (Dissertation: Manufacture and Characterization of a Self-healing Material)
M.S., Advanced Polymeric Materials Lab, Dept. of Polymer Science and Engineering, Kumoh National Institute of Technology, South Korea, 2005 (Dissertation: Diene Monomers as Self-healing Agent for Damage Repair in Polymer Composite)
B.S., Polymer Science and Engineering, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Dalian Polytechnic University, China, 2002
(Dissertation: Modification of Cellulose for controlled pesticide release)
Visiting Scientist, 2018.03~2019.03, College of Textile, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, USA (Research：Intelligent and functional textiles)
Dean：2014.01~2018.03, Foreign Affair & Research Office, School of Textile, Tiangong University
Lecturer：2009.04~now, Dept. of Nonwoven Materials and Engineering, School of Textile Science and Engineering, Tiangong University
Visiting Scientist, 2005.12~2006.12, Polymer Composite Research Group, Dept. of Materials Science and Engineering, Iowa State University, Ames, IA, USA (Research：Characterization and microencapsulation of self-healing agent candidates) Group website:http://polycomp.mse.iastate.edu/index.html
Fundamental of Nonwoven Technology (bilingual)
Fundamental of Nonwoven Fibres (bilingual)
Professional English in Nonwoven
Adhesives for Nonwovens
Applications and Standard of Nonwovens（professional basic course）
Development of Nonwoven Products/Nonwovens
Study on the Dynamic Mechanical Behavior for a Novel Flexible Composites，National Natural Science Foundation of China（Young Investgater Program）(2017-2019), project leader
Basic research on a novel “shear-stiffening” flexible protection materials, Chinese Education Ministration (2013~2015) , project leader
Design and R&D for Series disposable garment , Indrustry (2012-2016), project leader
Manufacturing and Characterization of a light antifreezing Composite textile, TianJin Municipal Science and Technology Commission,（2015-2018）,Second investegator
“Self-healing Polymer Composites Reinforced with a Micro/nano Hybrid Filler System” Korea Education Ministration (2011~2015),participate
“Damage Repair Technology for Composite Materials”, Korea Railroad Research Institute (2008-2012) , participate
“Autonomic Healing of Damage in Polymer Matrix Composites”, U.S. Army Research Office (2006) ,participate
“Damage repair of polymeric composites with self-healing concept”, Korea Science Foundation (2003-2005), participate
18.X Liu.，J L Huo, et al. Investigation of the Shear Thickening Fluid Encapsulation in an Orifice Coagulation Bath, Polymers, 2019,11,3
17.X Liu.，J L Huo, et al. Effect of Plasma-treated Silica on the Stab Resistance of Shear Thickening Fluid Impregnated Aramid Fabrics, Materials Report, 2019,3,8
16.T T Li., J L Huo, X Liu, et al. Characteristics, compression, and buffering performance of pomelo-like hierarchical capsules containing shear thickening fluid, Polymers, 2019,11,7
15.Y L Sun, R Wang, X Liu, et al. Design of a novel multilayer low-temperature protection composite based on phase change microcapsules, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 2019,136, 20
14. D Y Li, R Wang, X Liu, et al. Shear-Thickening Fluid Using Oxygen-Plasma-Modified Multi-Walled Carbon Nanotubes to Improve the Quasi-Static Stab Resistance of Kevlar Fabrics, Polymers, 2018,10, 22
13. Y L Sun, R Wang, X Liu, et al. Synthesis and performances of phase change microcapsules with a polymer/diatomite hybrid shell for thermal energy storage, Polymers, 2018,10,6
12. Y L Sun, R Wang, X Liu, et al. Improvements in the thermal conductivity and mechanical properties of phase‐change microcapsules with oxygen‐plasma‐modified multiwalled carbon nanotubes, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 2017,134(44).
11.M Li, R Wang, X Liu. Preparation and In-Vitro Release Performance of Geranium Wilfordii Maxim Filled Biodegradable Microcapsules[J], 2017, 41(3):404-412.
10.Y L Sun, R Wang, X Liu and L Xu. Preparation and Properties of Composite Fabric for Light-weight Low Temperature Protective Gloves, Journal of Texile Research,2017, 38(5),58-68.
9.X Chen, R Wang, X Liu and M X Li, MPCMs and Thermo-regulating Performanceof Compound Fabric of Low Tmperature Protection, Journal of Materials Engineering, 2015, (11): 65-70.
8.R K Shi, R Wang, X Liu and T T Li. Preparation and Properies of Phase ChangeMicrocapsules/SMS Intellectuaized Thermoreguation Fabrics, Mater Rev:Res B, 2015,(14): 26-30.
7.X. Liu, J. K. Lee, M. R. Kessler: Microencapsulation of Self-healing Agents with Malamine-Urea-Formaldehyde by the Shirasu Porous Glass (SPG) Emulsification Technique,Macromolecular Research, 2011, 19(10), 1056-1061
6.X. Liu, X. Sheng, M. R. Kessler, J. K. Lee: Rheokinetic Evaluation of Self-healing Agents Polymerized by Grubbs Catalyst Embedded in Various Thermosetting Systems, Composites Science and Technology; 69, 2102-2107 (2009).
5. X. Liu, X. Sheng, J. K. Lee, and M. R. Kessler: Systhesis and Characterization of Melamine-Urea-Formaldehyde Microcapsules Containing ENB-Based Self-Healing Agents, Macromolecular Materials and Engineering, 294, 389-395 (2009).
4. X. Liu, X. Sheng, J. K. Lee, and M. R. Kessler: Isothermal Cure Characterization of ROMP Healing Agents for Autonomic Damage Repair: The Glass Transition Temperature and Conversion, Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, 89(2) 453-457 (2007),
3. J. K. Lee, X. Liu, S. H. Yoon and M. R. Kessler: Thermal Analysis of Ring Opening Metathesis Polymerized Healing Agents, Journal of Polymer Science Part B: Polymer Physics, 45, 1771-1780 (2007).
2. X. Liu, J. K. Lee, S. H. Yoon and M. R. Kessler: Characterization of Diene Monomers as Healing Agents for Autonomic Damage Repair, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 101(3), 1266-1272 (2006)
1. J. K. Lee, S. J. Hong, X. Liu and S. H. Yoon: Characterization of dicyclopentadiene and 5-ethylidene-2-norbornene as self-healing agents for polymer composite and its microcapsules, Macromolecular Research, 12(5), 478-483 (2004)
*1. Tingting Li, Xing Liu, Rui Wang；Temperature profile of microencapsulation for self healing application； SMIS 2010: International conference on Smart material and intelligent systems, Advanced Materials Research （2011，EI）
2. Mechanical Properties of a Microcapsule-Containing Epoxy for self-healingmaterials,(2011) Advanced Materials Research
*3 Xing Liu, Jong Keun Lee, Michael R. Kessler Microencapsulation of self-healing agents with melamine-urea-formaldehyde by the Shirasu Porous Glass (SPG) emulsification technique；2nd International Conference on Smart Materials and Nanotechnology in Engineering (SMN2009) July 8-11, 2009, Weihai, P.R. China
4. Huang, Guang Chun; Liu, Xing; Lee, Jong Keun; Kim, Jeong Seok; Yoon Sung Ho and Kessler, Michael R. Studies on Composite Damage Repair I: Evaluation of Interface Bonding between Self-Healing Agents and Epoxy.Polymer Society-Korea-Fall Meeting (PSK-F), (2008) Seoul, S/Korea
5. Liu, Xing; Lee, Jong Keun; Kim, Jeong Seok; Yoon Sung Ho and Kessler, Michael R. Studies on Composite Damage Repair II: Microencapsulation by Shirasu Porous Glass (SPG) Emulsification Technique for Self-healing Application. PSK-F, (2008) Seoul, S/Korea
6. Liu, Xing; Lee, Gil Hyuong; Huang, Guang Chun; Lee, Jong Keun; Kim, Jeong Seok; Yoon Sung Ho and Kessler, Michael R. Studies on Composite Damage Repair III: Mechanical Properties of Epoxy embedded with Microcapsules/Catalyst. PSK-F, (2008) Seoul, S/Korea
2012.10 ---- Distinguished Young Educator of College in Tianjin
2009.2---- Excellent Thesis Award of the Year, KNIT
2009.2----Gumi Mayor Special Award for Excellent Foreign Student, South Korea
2005.2----Gumi Mayor Special Award for Excellent Foreign Student, South Korea